Mike Novak, Advisor, has over 35 years of entrepreneurial experience in starting and developing award winning construction firms ranging from the traditional general contracting model to starting margin driven specialty contracting firms. Mike's broad business experience brings a deep understanding of the challenges, opportunities and key decision points that business owners face during their lifetime. His public service has been an anchor and driving force in San Antonio's economic development base for the last 25 years. Today, he continues to be very active, serving on many community boards and commissions. Below are just some of the organizations he is involved with as well as some of the accolades he has received:
- Texas Facilities Commission (TFC) - is responsible for planning, providing and managing facilities for more than 100 state agencies in over 290 cities throughout Texas. The current inventory totals 28 million sq. ft. of leased and state-owned properties. Novak was appointed to the seven-member commission in Dec. 2011, nominated by Speaker Joe Straus and appointed by Governor Rick Perry. After serving as Vice-Chairman of the Commission, in 2019 Novak was asked to step in as Executive Director of the agency to execute transformational changes.
- San Antonio Military Task Force (MTTF) - The Community-Military Partnership for BRAC execution. The 2005 BRAC round produced over $3 billion in construction projects and added in excess of 10,000 new jobs to the community. Presiding MTTF Tri-Chair from 2006-2015.
- Morningside Ministries, 50 year old faith-based organization providing full continuum of care for older adults - $100 million in assets, one of the largest area non-profits - Chairman of the Board, 2011-2012.
- Cancer Therapy Research Center (CTRC) - under the umbrella of the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, CTRC is the premier cancer treatment and research center in Central and South Texas. Novak joined the Board of Governors of CTRC in September 2011.
- Commission on Intra-City Rail and Streetcar, Vice-Chairman, 2011.
- Attended U.S. Army Strategy Implementation Program at the Army War College, July 2011.
- Community liaison to the Commanding General of the United States Army South, 2006-2011.
- Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Board, 2004.
- Alamo Public Telecommunications Council (KLRN Public TV), Chairman of the Board, 2004.
- Recipient of the St. Mary's University International Business Leader of the Year Award, 2001.
- San Antonio Free Trade Alliance (International Economic Development entity for San Antonio & South Texas), Chairman of the Executive Committee, 2001-2003.
- Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Chairman of the Board, 1998.
- Bexar County Commissioner, Sworn in January 1, 1995 - Four year term.
- Honorary Honduran Consulate, January 1992 - 1994.
- Recipient of the Entrepreneur of the Year award sponsored by Ernst & Young/INC. Magazine for the South Texas Region, 1992.
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) State Board, Building Branch, President of the Board, 1992.
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), San Antonio Chapter, President, 1991.
Securities offered through Corporate Finance Securities, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC