Gireesh Narsimhan is the Managing Director for India at Corporate Finance Associates (CFA). He has more than 12 years of deal-making experience as a business owner, executive management and investment advisory practice.
His operating experience comprises of family run businesses, venture capital and private equity investment advisory. During this period, he has worked closely with manufacturing enterprises focused on alternative energy, light engineering, automotive components, electronics and material sciences. He has also been able to identify early trends in IT product companies focused on communications, security and analytics software tools.
His international endeavours involved forging several technology partnerships in the US-India corridor and advisory across the Scandinavian region. These relationships and experience led him to participate as one of the founding members of India's first Nanotechnology initiative, IndiaNano, focused on promoting cross-border technology transfer and commercialisation in this sunrise sector. In order to better develop the public-private ecosystem and cross-border partnerships, he launched an early series of events and conferences with industry participation for India.
Prior to CFA, he was the Executive Director of IndiaCo Ventures Limited. IndiaCo is an investment firm listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange that provides growth capital, strategic direction and hands-on operational expertise to fast growing companies. At IndiaCo, he was instrumental is scaling up operations from an incubation stage to public listing. During this tenure, he also received a token of appreciation from Duke Equity Partners, Inc for successfully launching the fund operations in India and advising them on select investment vehicles, investments of which yielded returns in excess of 241%.
Representative transactions include:
- Engaged by private equity funds and financial institutions to assist in transaction advisory services
- Engaged by private investment groups for strategic investment advice and portfolio management
- Retained by numerous middle market companies to facilitate private equity funding and structured finance
- Retained by diversified business groups to identify strategic alliances and formulate merger and acquisition strategies
He graduated in Commerce and completed courses in Technology Management and Intellectual Property Rights as a part of his education from the University of Pune.
- Part of the steering committee that premiered and organised a series of cross-border technology transfer and commercialisation events and conferences in Nanotechnology, India Nano at India.
- Panelist on the dream business plan content, NITIE, Empresario, Genesis 2KS, Association of computer engineering students and Mainpal University
- Supporting the operations of Identity Foundation, a non-formal, not for profit education provider for abandoned and under privileged children staying at the railway stations and platforms at Pune, Maharashtra, India