The report below gives a good overview of the first quarter M&A activity in the Healthcare Industry Sector. M&A activity for North American based target companies in the Healthcare sector for Q4 2018 included 103 closed deals, according to data published by industry data tracker FactSet.
Pharos Capital Group LLC acquired an undisclosed majority stake in Charter Health Care Group LLC for an undisclosed amount. The acquisition helps Pharos Capital Group’s strategy to improve the patient experience and lower the costs of care. Founded in 2006, Charter Health Care Group is located in Covina, California and provides post-acute hospice, transitional care and home health care services throughout San Bernardino, Riverside, Los Angeles and Orange counties.
- Total U.S. revenue for healthcare and social assistance rose 4.7% in the third quarter of 2018 compared to the previous year.
- U.S. consumer prices for medical care services, an indicator of profitability for healthcare services, rose 2.6% in December 2018 compared to the same month in 2017.
- U.S. consumer prices for medical care commodities, an indicator of healthcare costs, decreased 0.5% in December 2018 compared to the same period in 2017.
- U.S. nondurable goods manufacturers’ shipments of pharmaceuticals and medicines, an indicator of pharmaceuticals production, rose 9.1% year-to-date in October 2018 compared to the same period in 2017.
- U.S. retail sales for health and personal care stores, a potential measure of consumer spending on pharmaceuticals, increased 3.8% in the first eleven months of 2018 compared to the same period in 2017.
Posted by Daniel Sirvent.