I have been very fortunate in my 40-year career as I landed in an area, finance, that I have really enjoyed as I have become an industry expert. My career combines entrepreneurship (buying and selling my own companies) and corporate experience (SVP at Fortune 500 and a bank director). This has provided me with multiple insights and expertise in how investment decisions are made and executed.
An Atlanta resident since 1984 I have served in an executive management capacity for regional, national and international companies. As Managing Director of Corporate Finance Associates I'm responsible for business development and client relations. I'm very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with exceptional clients with whom I develop and execute solutions to their opportunities and challenges.
My academic background includes a law degree, an MBA and a doctoral degree that I completed in 2013.
In my spare time, I like to golf, ski and go to the beach with my grandchildren.
Certifications and Licenses
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors from McGill University, Montreal, Canada 1979
- Joint Law (summa cum laude) / MBA program at McGill University 1983
- DBA from Georgia State University, 2013
- Holds FINRA Series 7, Series 79, Series 63, Series 24, and Series 28 Licenses
- Georgia and Florida Real Estate Broker
- Managing Editor McGill Law Journal
Selected Awards and Honors
- President's Award for top financial producer,1986
- James McGill Award in 1982 and 1983
- Graduate Society Award for Student Leadership 1983
- Captain of the McGill Rugby Team
- Dionne, S., Sinyard, D., & Loch, Karen. "Fast thinking in Private Equity, The Role of Heuristics in Screening Buyout Opportunities." Academy of Management Annual Conference. Chicago, IL, August 2018.
- Dionne, S. and Sinyard, D. "Value Uncertainty, Reputation, and Rapport in Bid Terminations: Lessons from Private Equity Groups." Strategic Management Society Special Conference: Collaborative Strategies: New Thinking about Alliances, Mergers, and Acquisitions. San Jose, Costa Rica, December 2017.
- Dionne, S., Sinyard, D., & Loch, K., "Value Uncertainty, Bidder Reputation, and Organizational Rapport in Buyouts: Lessons from Private Equity Groups." International Council for Small Business World Conference. Buenos Aires, Argentina, June 2017.
- Sinyard, D., Dionne, S., & Loch, K.., "The Impact of Heuristics on Buyout Decisions: A Multi-Case Analysis of Private Equity Groups." International Council for Small Business World Conference. Hoboken, NJ, June 2016.
- Sinyard, D., Dionne, S., & Loch, K.., "Does Experience Impact Thinking Processes? Evidence from Expert and Novice Decision-Makers in Private Equity." International Association For Research in Economic Psychology Society for the Advancement of Behavioral Economics Joint International Conference, Sibiu, Romania, September 2015.
- Sinyard, D., Dionne, S., & Loch, K.., "Affect Heuristics in Investment Decisions: A Multi-Case Analysis of Private Equity Groups" 34th Strategic Management Society Annual International Conference, Madrid, Spain, September 2014.
- Sinyard, D., Dionne, S., & Loch, K.., "The Role of Affect in Investment Decisions: An Analysis of Private Equity Groups", Annual Conference for the Society for the Advancement of Behavioral Economics, Tahoe, NV. July 2014.
- Sinyard, D., & Loch, K., "The investment process of private equity firms; how does the affect heuristic impact decision-making?" Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Engaged Scholarship, Atlanta, GA (September 19-22, 2013).
- Sinyard, D. "The investment process used by private equity firms: does the affect heuristic impact decision-making?" Dissertation submitted in partial fulfillment of Executive Doctorate in Business degree at Georgia State University (May 2013).
- Interview with David Sinyard on Huristics in Private Equity
Securities offered through Corporate Finance Securities, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC