Roy Graham is a Director and member of the Executive Committee of Corporate Finance Associates (CFA). He has more than 30 years of dealmaking experience as a business owner, executive and investment banker. His advisory skills blend extensive operational experience with years of investment banking practice.
As a prior owner of several companies, including an oil and gas exploration company, Roy brings an understanding of an owner's perspective that enhances his abilities to execute a successful transaction. Years of negotiating experience, an analytical background and a relentless dedication to identifying common interests among parties to a transaction, have formed the foundation for Roy's success.
Roy began his career with a San Antonio based NYSE company in 1974, serving first as financial analyst then as Divisional Controller of a seven state region. Returning to San Antonio from his assignment in Atlanta, Roy co-founded what would become a regional retailer with national mail-order operations and an Inc 500 award winner. The company was ultimately sold to a large national chain.
As an investor and shareholder in prior oil and gas enterprises, Roy used this knowledge to launch a San Antonio based oil and gas exploration company, which operated and joint ventured numerous domestic projects. Upon divesting his energy properties in the early nineties, Roy elected to build on his more than two decades of dealmaking experience as a business owner and formed a boutique M&A advisory practice. He later merged his practice into Corporate Finance Associates in 1997.
As a CFA Director, Roy has managed a wide range of complex assignments reflected in the following list of representative engagements.
- Engaged by private sellers to sell their companies.
- Retained by a NYSE listed company to implement a national roll-up program.
- Engaged by a FSTE 100 company to identify and close U.S. acquisition targets.
- Engaged by a private sellers to recapitalize their companies.
- Engaged by a NASDAQ listed company to facilitate a joint venture.
- Retained by a private investment firm to secure funding for two of its companies.
Roy earned his Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance from Southern Methodist University in 1973. He holds FINRA Series 7, 79 and 63 securities licenses as well as a Texas real estate license.
- Association for Corporate Growth
Member Global Board of Directors: 2012 - 2015
- Association for Corporate Growth, Central Texas Chapter
President: 2006 & 2007
Director: 2006 - Present
- CFA Silver Circle Award
- CFA Bronze Circle Award
- ACG Outstanding Achievement Award
- Inc 500 Award
- Paul Harris Fellow