David B. Sinyard, Managing Director and Principal of Corporate Finance Associates Atlanta (CFA), has over 30 years in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, project finance, investments, operations and commercial real estate. CFA is an international investment banking and strategic advisory firm. He is a member of the Board of Directors of First Landmark Bank, a Marietta, GA $500 million community bank. He is also Board Chairman of Our Neighbor Inc., a Gainesville, GA non-profit that provides independent housing and community support for young adults with physical and developmental challenges to become independent and contributing members of the community. His career includes twelve years with a boutique investment bank, seven years as CFO and COO of two private equity start-ups, seven years as SVP Corporate Finance and Development and Treasurer at the world’s largest hotel company and eight years in the commercial real estate finance industry.
Representative transactions include the recapitalization of a closely held hospital pharmacy automation business and the sale of a joint venture interest to an industry consolidator. As the EVP Finance & Operations of MedSelect Inc., he partnered in its successful LBO and turn-around which provided significant shareholder returns when sold to AmerisourceBergen Corporation in 2004. Prior to that he was SVP & CFO of Integrated Energy Services, the Southeast’s largest Commercial and Industrial Mechanical Contracting Company. Located in Atlanta, this private equity sponsored business had revenues in excess of $200 million and offices throughout the region. During his tenure at Holiday Inn Worldwide he was responsible for overseeing all investments made by the company worldwide and was responsible for all divestitures, including the sale of the Canadian franchise company in 1991 and the $659 Million sale of the US hotel business to Bristol Hotel Company in 1997.
David is the Chairman of CFA's hospitality and leisure industry practice group and Chief Compliance Officer of Corporate Finance Securities. He is a member of the CFA and CFS Executive Committees. He received his Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), joint Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) and Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degrees from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. More recently he completed his doctoral studies at Georgia State University and received his Doctor of Business Administration degree in 2013. David has spoken at several international conferences, including the Strategic Management Society (SMS), the Society for the Advancement of Behavioral Economics (SABE) and the International Council of Small Business (ICSB) on the topic of private equity investment. He holds various securities licenses and a real estate broker’s license in both Georgia and Florida.
Certifications and Licenses
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors from McGill University, Montreal, Canada 1979
- Joint Law (summa cum laude) / MBA program at McGill University 1983
- DBA from Georgia State University, 2013
- Holds FINRA Series 7, Series 79, Series 63, Series 24, and Series 28 Licenses
- Georgia and Florida Real Estate Broker
- Managing Editor McGill Law Journal
Selected Awards and Honors
- President’s Award for top financial producer,1986
- James McGill Award in 1982 and 1983
- Graduate Society Award for Student Leadership 1983
- Captain of the McGill Rugby Team
- Sinyard, D., & Loch, K., “The investment process of private equity firms; how does the affect heuristic impact decision-making?” Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Engaged Scholarship, Atlanta, GA (September 19-22, 2013).